I had a customer hit me up for this zombie piece and I had been thinking about it for a while. I really wanted to get a model and get a real shot to work from but in the end time was getting crunched and I started to play around in Alchemy, which is a drawing program on the computer which produces semi random shapes based on pen/mouse movement, and thought this looked promising.
Then I shipped it off to photoshop to paint over it in a couple of steps each building off the results of the previous step. Once I had the alchemy sketch done I pretty much knew where I wanted to head with this so I didn’t work too long at rendering anything out instead focusing on the layout and color relationships.
I liked the first one actually but I thought it was a little more “ghoulish” than what I had wanted for this piece, but it may be perfect for another one later.
Once That was done I made a fast stencil for the lines with a Sharpie marker on Acetate and went to town. We will probably wrap this up in two half day sessions but this is how it was looking the last time I saw it after the first.